Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I call her Winter.

Winter: Guess who?
           : Summer?
Winter:  oh, no dummy guess again.
           : Umm, is it my phone prank calling me again?
Winter: lol, no dummy its winter.

That was the first and the last time I ever heard her voice.  I knew she was just a wolf’s howl away but the sun always kept stealing her from me. Maybe it was something to do with how the world spins.
The sun was something stronger than me yet I kept fighting it. It wasn't soon before I quit, I let the sun have her.
To this day I miss everything about her. I loved the way she dressed me, the color white, the way she turned my nose red and the stories she used to tell me.

Unfortunately all that changed and winter was nothing more than a memory. Soon came summer. I hated everything about summer. She wasn't pretty and there was nothing special about her. The sun introduced me to her and hate was all I had to offer.
Then one day, down poured rain and she hid that motherfucking sun. She was magical, she had power, she was special and she was yet to be tamed. Every one tried to repel her but I always greeted her with open arms She was cold, not too cold though. She was the perfect blend of White and Black. She was a balanced grey. She taught me about the silver linings and told me that emotions were not meant to be locked away. She made me cry just to make room for more happiness. She sung me lullabies till I fell asleep. There were always thunder and lightning but they didn't matter because she hid that motherfucking sun and whenever he tried coming out, she made me look the other way towards the rainbow.

Just like that countless years passed. Just me and rain, no one else but last night I had a dream. I saw winter. She was as beautiful as ever and I wanted to meet her.

So I invited her home for Christmas. I hope she comes.

But I will never let go of rain.

-------

More to come.
Don't forget to leave a comment.


1 comment: